Dear WUSD Community:
We have just received notification from PG&E that starting tomorrow morning, they will be starting a 5-7 day project of tree work along Windsor River Road.
The safety of our customers and the communities we serve is our most important responsibility. As part of that responsibility, PG&E will be upgrading our poles and equipment in Windsor. In preparation for this work to begin, vegetation crews will prune or cut down trees and shrubs. This work is required to create space for new electric equipment. This work will benefit you and your neighbors by helping to ensure continued safety and electric reliability.
The work will take place along Windsor River Road, Starr Road and Windsor Road in Windsor. We expect work to start October 26 and continue for one week. Weather and other factors that affect safe working conditions may change our schedule.
What you can expect
• We expect most work to take place Monday through Friday during 9 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and pausing between 2:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. near the intersections of Starr Rd, Windsor Rd and Windsor River Rd.
• You may see PG&E and contractor crews, vehicles, and equipment.
• All personnel are required to carry valid photo identification and are happy to provide it upon request.
• We will do our best to minimize impacts, but you may hear intermittent construction noise.
• Construction crews may begin their work two - four weeks after the vegetation work is complete.
Potential traffic impacts
We will post “No Parking” signs at least 24 hours before we begin our work. Crews will route traffic around work areas if needed. Driveway access may be affected, but we can provide access within a few minutes of a request. Please plan for minor delays along Windsor River Road, Starr Road and Windsor Road.
Your local contact if you have questions
For questions, please contact your local Customer Outreach Specialist, Heather Rowe, at 707-615-2450 during normal business hours or email Heather.Rowe@pge.com
Thank you for your patience while we work to upgrade our poles and equipment.